About Me


Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Nanting Zheng (Aileen) and I've recently moved to San Francisco from my beautiful hometown Philadelphia. Growing up on the East Coast, I have never thought to live on the West Coast! I've decided to move to San Francisco in search of more opportunities for women in technology and to get out of my comfort zone. Overall, it has been both exciting and nervous for me at the same time. But I gotta say, the dog-friendly beach at Crissy Fields is my absolute favorite!

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biology with and intent of becoming a doctor. It took me some time to realize that it is not of my true passion. I like connecting with people and I also enjoy analyzing data and looking for trends. This is the reason why I've started the MIS Master's Program with University of Arizona. My favorite classes so far are Data Mining for Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Management. I enjoy using the various tools of business intelligence to solve problems. I am really excited for this course and is ready to learn BI skills and apply these skills to help businesses make better decisions.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to connecting with all of you!

Comments

  1. Hello Aileen,

    Enterprise Data Management has been one of my favorite classes in the program as well. How are you liking San Francisco so far?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dorris,
      I'm loving San Francisco so far! And I'm not sure if you remember, but we were in the same group for the Enterprise Data Management project! I enjoyed the course and it's so nice to be in the same class with you again : )

      Delete
  2. Hi Aileen! Welcome to the west coast (I live in California's central valley). I too found those 2 classes to be my favorite in the MIS curriculum thus far - and I have been very much looking forward to seeing how this course adds to them! Good luck with the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica,

      Thank you! California is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad that you enjoy the two classes as your favorite in the curriculum as well. I'm excited to see if this course will make it towards to the top of the list too : ) Good luck with the course as well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Aileen,
    I'm a fellow Philadelphia native. Well, suburban Philadelphia area - Bucks County. I'll be taking Data Mining in the spring.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      So excited to hear that you are a Philadelphia native! Looking forward to connecting with you and good luck with this course!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Module 1

Module 3 (Part I) Network Visualization